Vision, Mission & Value
National Institute for the Deaf, Gujranwala
National Institute for the Deaf (NID) is a project of Deaf & Dumb Welfare Association (Regd) in Gujranwala. It is the oldest continuously run educational institution since 1969, National Institute for Deaf (NID) remains committed to providing an academically rigorous education to students who will walk out of school ready for lives of leadership and service to community.
Facilities at NID:
- Free education (class nursery – B.A.)
- Vocational Centre (Tailoring, Fine Arts and Computers)
- Sports ground and Library.
- Free Transport Facilities
Our mission at National Institute for the Deaf is to develop the unique abilities and potential of each hearing /MCC child by offering enriched educational learning programs. We strive for excellence through a hands-on approach. In addition NID want to promote the learning and development of a child with a hearing impairment as a whole, thereby preparing them to be productive members of society.
We, at National Institute for the Deaf, follow a child-centered educational approach. We make sure that it is based on scientific observations from birth to adulthood. We believe that a child is naturally curious and is capable of initiating learning in a supportive and thoughtfully prepared environment.
Our Core Values
- All children with a hearing loss have the ability to become literate and educated and contribute to the community.
- All children with a hearing loss should have a variety of communication options.
- All children should be given the confidence to believe in themselves.
- All children have the potential to realize their dreams.
- All children with a hearing loss deserve to receive a quality education equivalent to their hearing peers.
- An well-versed parent is a child’s best educator.